Feature request (mac like modifiers)

Feb 10, 2011 at 5:57 AM

First of all, great work so far. I love how closely the program replicates the experience down to the little bezel hud popups.

Originally I used UWAKS (unofficial apple wireless keyboard support for windows) Link: http://code.google.com/p/uawks/

By design it has the same goal as this project which is to allow the apple keyboard to work 1:1 with windows. How ever it hasn't been updated in a long while so I'm glad to see this project and am very pleased with it's features thus far.

One thing UWAKS did do was swap modifier key behavior so it would work like OS X commands. (cmd=ctrl, ctrl=cmd) By doing so the keyboard was able to use cmd+c cmd+v etc to copy and paste content like on a Macintosh computer. I'd like to see this implemented if possible, perhaps allow this feature to be toggled for those whom prefer using windows like commands.

Thank you-

Mar 10, 2011 at 10:59 PM

Same here, this is great.  I just wish I could switch around the keys.  But it's coming along nicely, and it looks like you might be adding that function soon.  Once you do a little more work I think it would be great if Lifehacker or a blog like that would talk about this, because this is something many people must be looking for.

Coordinator
Apr 30, 2011 at 9:56 PM

Hi,

Just to let you know that I certainly am aware of the request and it should be in the next release along with a settings page.

I'll start working on it right when I get the time.